Sunday, July 19, 2015

We Go Swimming

Today I took the girls swimming. I hadn't set out to let them swim but once we got there it seemed like the perfect time to try. It's been hot here for the past few days so the water wasn't too cold. Lily went first and before I even got her in the water her legs started to do the doggie paddle. I loved it. The first time I held her while she headed for shore. Then it was Fergus's try. Fergus is a brave dog so I just let her go and she swam to shore. (Don't panic they weren't more than a foot away). I was so proud of them both. The second time I picked up Lily I let her know swimming was going to be part of her life and let her swim to shore. They each went three times and rested with the roomie in between. I swam in between. It felt so good; soothed my soul.

The rest of this week was busy. Monday and Tuesday I worked around the house. I got the basement put back together. Thanks to the book "The Art of Tidying Up" I've been cleaning and purging. I took 7 bags/boxes of things to the city mission. The basement has been a mess and needed organizing. I didn't have a plan when I started but it quickly came together. Tools have are in one area with a work table near by. There is a wrapping and gift area. Paints and supplies are together finally. All the seasonal totes are on shelves. I get in and out of them often and realized it would be easier if they were on the shelves instead of stacked one on top of the other. There is more to be done but I'm grateful for what I've accomplished.

Once the basement was done I started on the living room. Wow has that undergone a transformation. The carpets is gone. The floor isn't in good shape so we bought laminate that matches the dining room and plan to get that installed within the next few days. The mantel went from dark brown to white thanks to the roomie and we spent last night looking for something to replace the glass tiles.   The steps have been painted; which was more involved that I thought. I want to add carpet strips to the top of the stairs. I'm running out of steam.

The puppies have been home since Wednesday; no puppy school. The roomie has been busy with stuff so I've been on puppy duty. We walk every morning at the beach. That's been a great way to start the day and they usually sleep from 10 until 1, which lets me get stuff done. They take another nap from 3 to 5 so I get a second break. It's 3pm and they have been sleeping since 11 this morning. That swim must have done them in. While they've slept I painted the steps. The roomie will have to do some touch ups but otherwise done.

One afternoon this week I played hooky from puppy care. My friend came to visit and she helped me with getting some work shirts. We had lunch at Chedders which turned out to be a good choice. It was nice to take a break from all the doggie duty and find a great sale.

Tbe week coming up will be busy too. Mom and Dad are coming up, there are doctors visits - two for me and one for Dad. We'll laminate the living room floor and if all goes well the puppies will be back in school on Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment