Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Right Now

Right now it's 7:04 on Thursday night and all the creatures in my house are sleeping. Fergus is sleeping in the dog bed next to my chair. Lily is under the ottoman in front of my chair and the roomie is asleep on the couch.

Right now we are all tired from our home improvement project. We spent the last two days laminating the living room floor. My Dad and the roomie did the majority of the work. He brought his table and miter saw. He cut all the flooring and did some fancy cuts for the edges of the fireplace. He guided and planned and kept the roomie on track.

Right now the living room looks awesome. It's clean - go me! I put everything back together after my folks left this morning. We moved the dining room area rug into the living room. Looks good but now the dining room table slides across the floor when we eat at the table.

Right now I'm exhausted from getting up early and the physical work. I'm pretty glad I'm still moving and grooving after all these years; though it takes me longer to get up from the floor.

Right now the porch is an absolute mess. It was work station central. There is saw dust everywhere. Carpet and carpet padding which should have been thrown out by now are laying out there. There are two door prizes for an event this weekend; a huge vase water barrel and hydroponic garden. There is also the bad cuts laminated flooring corner. The porch tells the story of our home improvements. Once the carpet and door prizes are gone the porch will get a cleaning.

Right now I'm listening to the soft rock station on the TV. I leave it on while the dogs are in their crate and have grown to like it. I'm also listening to the roomie snore!

Right now the sun is still shining and it's still 70 degrees outside. Grateful for nice weather this past week.

Right now I'm going to head to my craft room. I haven't been in there for days; missing it. Not sure I'll have the energy to be creative; might just day dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment